The Book as Gift: Donors and Gifts to the Lyceum or Imperial Reference Library of Ljubljana between 1774 and 1860
The paper surveys the donors and their gifts to the Lyceum or Imperial Reference Library. The gifts are entered as separate collections, recorded in the oldest volume of accession books (till 1860) or cited in the Geschichte der Entstehung und Verwaltung der k. k. Studien-Bibliothek in Laibach [History of the Imperial Reference Library in Ljubljana] by Konrad Stefan. In addition to the individuals and institutions recorded by name in the sources, we seek to identify unnamed donors as well, examining the information on the previous owners as available in the donated books. There follows an analysis of the share represented by the gifts, of their contents and their significance for the development of the former Lyceum or reference library in Ljubljana until 1860.
Copyright (c) 2018 Sonja Svoljšak, Urša Kocjan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in Keria by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.