Current State of Japanese Language Education in Serbia and Proposal for Future Solutions
The purpose of this paper is to address the state of the education system in Serbia in relation to Japanese language studies, with a particular focus on primary and secondary educational institutions. To start off, I will introduce the institutions where the Japanese language is being taught in Serbia, before turning my attention to the teaching programs (i.e. course guidelines as an accredited national guideline). Following that, I will present our Japanese language textbook writing projects. Finally, I will shed light on the problems we have faced and propose a number of potential solutions.
Jovanović, A., & Tričković, D. (2012). Contrastive study of metaphor and metonymy driven semantic extensions of the body part word hand “手” in Chinese and Japanese language. Dogu Arastirmalari, A Journal of Oriental Studies. Istanbul: Istanbul University Faculty of Letters, 181-192, Retrieved from http://www.doguedebiyati.com/doguarastirmalari10-2012-2.pdf
Jovanović, A., & Tričković, D. (2015). Kontrastivna analiza semantičkih proširenja reči 目 “OKO” i složenica koje ona gradi u kineskom i japanskom jeziku. Komunikacija i kultura online (6). Fokus – forum za interkulturnu komunikaciju, 32-45. Retreived from http://www.komunikacijaikultura.org/KK6.html or http://www.komunikacijaikultura.org/KK6/KK6JovanovicTrickovic.pdf
Little, D. (2007). Language Learners Autonomy: Some Fundamental Considerations Revisited. Innovation in language learning and teaching 1 (1), 14-28.
Marković Lj., & Tričković, D. (2017a). セルビアにおける漢字学習に関して (About kanji learning in Serbia). Papers Presented at the 29th International Conference on Japanese Language Teaching 2016, Vol. 29日本語教育連絡会議（2016）論文集 Vol.29) (Wakai, S., Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D., Ed.). Filološki fakultet, Kokoro, Andric Istitute, 169-175, Retrieved from http://renrakukaigi.kenkenpa.net/ronbun29.html or http://renrakukaigi.kenkenpa.net/ronbun/2016024.pdf
Marković Lj., Tričković D., Erdeljan M., & Marić S. (2013). Kanđi. Beograd: Filološki fakultet & Kokoro.
Marković Lj., Tričković D., Erdeljan M., & Marić S. (2014). Kanđi (Second edition). Beograd: Filološki fakultet & Kokoro.
Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D. (2013a). Japan i ono što ga takvim čini – polazišta, ciljevi i rezultati. Japan i ono što ga takvim čini (pp. 7-12). Beograd: Filološki fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu.
Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D. (2013b). Seminarski radovi studenata – metodološki i metodički prilog nastavi stranog jezika i kulture (pp. 169-184). Japan i ono što ga takvim čini. Beograd: Filološki fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu.
Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D. (2014a). Collection of student articles as a case-study for the acquisition of discourse: competence and written production in the field of Japanese language and culture. The Proceedings of the 18th Japanese Language Symposium in Europe 28-30 August 2014; Section 10: Japanese Language Education, Subsection of the 14th International Conference of EAJS, Ljubljana, Slovenia. ヨーロッパ日本語教師会 (Association of Japanese Language Teachers in Europe e.V. (AJE)), 201-208.
Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D. (2015). Korak po korak. Beograd: Filološki fakultet & Kokoro.
Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D. (2016). Students for students – The development of a new pedagogy exemplified in kanji ecquisition. 2016日本語教育シンポジウム（第20回AJEヨーロッパ日本語教育シンポジウム；第5回AIDLGイタリア日本語言語学・日本語教育学会）/ Japanese Language Education in Europe 21. The Proceedings of The 20th Japanese Language Symposium in Europe, July 7th-9th, 2016 Ca’Foscari University of Venice (Italy). AJE & AIDLG, 172-178, Retreived from http://www.eaje.eu/symposium/31 or http://eaje.eu/pdfdownload/pdfdownload.php?index=189-194&filename=koto-markovic-trikovic.pdf&p=venezia
Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D. (2017). Opening the borders of the Japanese language – Discovering and answering the needs of students of Japanese in Serbia. EAJS2017 15th International Conference of the European Association for Japanese Studies, Lisbon, August 30 – September 2, 2017, 154.
Marković, Lj., & Tričković, D. (Ed.) (2013). Japan i ono što ga takvim čini. Beograd: Filološki fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu.
Shigemori Bučar, C. et al. (2014). The CEFR and Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language. Lingistica, 54, 455-469.
Službeni glasnik Republike Srbije - Prosvetni glasnik, LXIV (18), (11 September 2015)
Službeni glasnik Republike Srbije - Prosvetni glasnik, LXVI (1), (10 January 2017)
Tričković, D. (2010). Kontrastivna proučavanja japanskog i srpskog jezika. In I. Klajn & P. Piper (Ed.), Kontrastivna proučavanja srpskog jezika: pravci i rezultati (pp. 341-352). Beograd: Srpska akademija nauka i umetnosti, Odeljenje jezika i književnosti.
Tričković, D. (2015). A view on the verb and the adjective from the Serbian and Japanese language perspective: A contribution to a contrastive analysis of the two languages. In M. Nomachi & Lj. Popović (Eds.), The Serbian Language as Viewed by the East and the West: Synchrony, Diachrony, and Typology (pp. 173-202). Sapporo: Slavic-Eurasian Research Center Hokkaido University, , Retrieved from http://src-h.slav.hokudai.ac.jp/coe21/publish/no28_ses/index.html or http://src-h.slav.hokudai.ac.jp/coe21/publish/no28_ses/Chapter4_1.pdf
Copyright (c) 2018 Divna Trickovic
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published online in journal Acta Linguistica Asiatica by Ljubljana University Press, Faculty of Arts (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.