Reading Tutor, A Reading Support System for Japanese Language Learners
The present paper gives an overview of the tools and materials included in the Japanese language reading tutorial system Reading Tutor and the multilingual lexicographical project Reading Tutor Web Dictionary, and discusses their possible uses both for Japanese language instruction and to support autonomous language learning. The paper further presents one particular use of these tools and resources for the development of learning materials for foreign candidates to the Japanese certified care worker national examination, and concludes with suggestions for effective guidance geared at fostering autonomous vocabulary learning.
Japan Foundation [国際交流基金], & Association of International Education, Japan [日本国際教育協会]. (2002). Nihongo nōryoku shiken Shutsudai kijun (kaiteiban) [日本語能力試験出題基準【改訂版】] - Japanese Language Proficiency Test: Test Content Specifications (Revised Edition). Tokyo: Bonjinsha [凡人社].
Kawamura, Y. [川村よし子] (2009). Chūta no tora no maki --- Nihongo kyōiku no tame no intānetto katsuyōjutsu [チュウ太の虎の巻―日本語教育のためのインターネット活用術] (“Practical uses of the internet for Japanese language education”). Tokyo: Kurosio [くろしお出版].
Kawamura, Y. [川村よし子], & Nomura, A. [野村愛] (2010). Kaigo no tame no mini jisho o kumiireta jisho tsūru no kaihatsu [介護のためのミニ辞書を組み入れた辞書ツールの開発] (“Development of a dictionary tool including a mini-dictionary for health work”). Nihongo kyōiku hōhō kenkyūkaishi - Japanese Language Education Methods [日本語教育方法研究会誌], 17 (1), 22-23.
Kawamura, Y. [川村よし子], Nomura, A. [野村愛], Natō, A. [名藤杏子], Kaneniwa, K. [金庭久美子], Saiki, M. [斉木美紀], Kitamura, T. [北村達也] (2011). Kaigo fukushishi kōhosei no tame no kokka shiken ni muketa kyōzai no kaihatsu [介護福祉士候補生のための国家試験に向けた教材の開発]. In Nihon kyōiku kōgaku gakkai 27 kai zenkoku taikai kōen ronbunshū [日本教育工学会第27回全国大会講演論文集], 625-626.
Kawamura, Y. [村よし子] ed. (2011). Yasashii nihongoban kaigo fukushishi shin curriculum gakushū workbook [やさしい日本語版 介護福祉士新カリキュラム学習ワークブック], 5 vols., Shizuoka: Shizuoka Prefecture [静岡県].
Kudō, T. [工藤拓]. (2012). MeCab : Yet Another Part-of-Speech and Morphological Analyzer, Retrieved from: http://mecab.sourceforge.net/.
Sugiura, Y. [杉浦洋一], & Gillespie, J.K. (2012). Key Aspects of Japan - Nichi-ei taiyaku Nihon bunka kiiwaado jiten [日英対訳日本文化キーワード事典]. Retrieved from: http://www.japanlink.co.jp/ka/.
Copyright (c) 2012 Yoshiko KAWAMURA
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published online in journal Acta Linguistica Asiatica by Ljubljana University Press, Faculty of Arts (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.