Processing instruction for the acquisition of the article in Spanish
The present work has two main objectives: meaningful learning of the article in Spanish from the perspective of cognitive grammar to provide learners a Model of Processing Instruction for the Spanish article. This cognitive grammar-based instruction draws on the pedagogical approach developed by Ruiz Campillo (1998), Radden Dirven (2007), Castañeda and Chamorro (2014) and Montero (2014a). From this approach, article selection can be managed using a minimum of operational values that are prototypical in nature, and that in turn may allow learners to produce an unlimited number of utterances. In terms of the methodology selected the processing instruction in VanPatten (1996, 2002, 2004, 2007) has been chosen, and an instructional model is proposed with both interpretative activities (focused on structured input) and productive activities (focused on structured output) based on Alonso Raya et al. (2005), Chamorro Guerrero et al. (2006), Castañeda and Chamorro (2014) and Montero (2014a).
Copyright (c) 2017 Gemma Santiago Alonso
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Verba Hispanica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.