Ivona Březinová and her Quixotic Madmen: in the literary footsteps of Quixote and the author 404 years later
The Czech writer Březinová Ivona decided in 2009 to bring back a character in Spanish literature that has reached all corners of the globe: Don Quixote of La Mancha. The purpose of this author’s work is to continue her efforts in reviving immortal works of literature. These works are inexhaustible sources of inspiration. In her novel, Quixotic Madmen, the Czech author Blázniví Donkichoti resurrects the character of Cervantes. In addition, it off ers a tour of key places and events of the life of the writer. This novel is a literary tour of Spain’s Quixote that a group of seven young people from the Czech Republic dare to explore. This group immerses itself in the world of Cervantes and Don Quixote to the point where even 404 years aft er the work was written these young people identify with the experiences of the author and the characters of his great work.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Verba Hispanica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.