Keywords:Musicological Annual, 2020, Katarina Šter
The new issue of the Musicological Annual is another small piece in the puzzle of European musical culture, which in turn consists of smaller pieces itself. It was (and will be) put together by the people who write it, prepare it for publication, study it and read it. Each of them strives for a new insight into everything musical from their own perspective and on the basis of their subjective and objective circumstances. It may seem that such musicological insights are of interest only to a limited circle of people, but they know – as do many others – that scientific research and discussion about music, even if not directly visible, are necessary foundations of musical life and its high quality at all levels; that this is the way to keep our musical horizons wide open, even if not everyone ventures to the lands beyond those we know; and that this has an impact on the society we help to shape and of which we are a part. Perhaps this co-dependence of different members and parts of our society has become more transparent during the time of making of this volume. The spring of 2020 will be remembered mainly for the coronavirus epidemic, to which even the Musicological Annual was not immune. The work of many people involved in the process has been significantly altered or hindered, regardless of whether she or he was an author, reviewer or anyone else in the whole process. But finally, the present issue is here, with hopes that a different corona will come: the musical one, marking a big in-breath after the (dis)chord of the epidemic and isolation, and bringing new musicological reading.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Katarina Šter
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.