Contribution to the Credibility of Data Concerning the Foundation of Reading Societies in Slovenia
AbstractThe musicological debate can not agree about the date of the births of the reading societies in Slovenia. This holds true especially for the foundation of reading societies in Maribor and Ljubljana. Some musicologist are convinced that the birth of National Slavonic Reading Society in Triest (on 29th January 1861) was followed consecutively by foundation of National Reading Society in Ljubljana (on 20th October 1861) and National Slavonic Reading Society in Maribor (on 4th September or on 10th November). However the majority of scholars points out that as the formal foundation date should be considered the day on which the founders confirmed with their signatures the first protocol what happened in Maribor already on 17th July 1861.
Copyright (c) 2007 Manica Špendal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.