The Catalogue of Works by Composer Primož Ramovš
AbstractThe catalogue of works by Primož Ramovš, a member of the Slovene Academy of Science and Art, contains the data about his compositions and their publication in print. The catalogue is based on the preserved manuscripts and/or fair copies of his works, composer's list of works, previously published lists of his works, and catalogues from major libraries. The majority of the composer's manuscripts and fair copies of his works are kept in the Music Collection of the National and University Library; it is specifically noted if they are in other locations. The catalogue of the compositions is organized in alphabetical order according to the first letter of the composition's title. The data follows this pattern: the title, the instrumentation, the place and date of composition, a description of the physical shape of the material (manuscript and fair copy); at the end there is a note about the title and a citing of the dedication. The data about the printing(s) follow the description of the manuscript (fair copy). The title which begins with a numeral is resolved, and the one in other alphabet, transliterated. In cases of publication a title is omitted if it is identical to the one in the manuscript; when it comes to multilingual covers, the parallel titles are also omitted. Then follows a noting of the place of publication, the publisher, the year of publication, data about the physical shape of the publication, the title of the collection and the publishing number. The bibliography consists of published material which was issued by the end of October, 1999. Added to the catalogue are a chronological list of works, an index according to instrumentation, and an index according to forms and genres. The chronological list is arranged by dates which almost without exception were given by the composer at the end of the composition. Manuscripts without a mention of the year are classified chronologically on the basis of other sources. The index of forms and genres is arranged in alphabetical order.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 1999 Zoran Krstulović
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.