Osterc's Letters to Juan C. Paz
AbstractDragotin Cvetko, when writing the introduction to his book 'Fragment glasbene moderne' (1988) (A Fragment of Musical Modernism), subtitled 'Iz pisem Slavku Ostercu' (From Letters to Slavko Osterc), wrote down that research was in progress to retrieve letters by Slavko Osterc that were almost all missing. Since this book contains 15 letters written by the Argentinean musician Juan C. Paz I asked myself whether it would be possible to get hold of the letters that Osterc had sent to his Argentinean colleague. In August 1996 I found seven letters by Osterc in the library of the Institute of Musicological Studies at the Faculty of Art and Musical Sciences of the Argentinean Catholic University. The letters come from the period extending from May 31, 1937 to March 29, 1940. Additionally I found also two letters by D. Žebre and one by L.M. Škerjanc. The first part of the present article briefly presents the Argentinean musician Juan C. Paz and his group for the renovation of music, called 'Grupo Renovación', while the second part brings Osterc's letters in letter-to-letter transcription with explications from Paz's letters.
Copyright (c) 1996 Edo Škulj
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.