Musical Settings of Prešeren's Poems
AbstractThe musical material, dating from the period 1846–1963, has been divided into three sections: I. Collections of printed music devoted exclusively to settings of the poems of Prešeren. These collections are listed in chronological order. II. Preše-ren's Poems. The titles are listed in alphabetical order and the composers who made settings of the poems are given in chronological order, according to the date of publication. III. Compositions written in honour of Prešeren, also listed in chronological order. The first appearance in print and the first musical settings or arrangements of these poems constitute and independant bibliographical section. The listings of the compositions are accompanied by newspaper reviews and criticisms of their performances. The place of preservation of the musical manuscripts is also indicated. The musical material and explanations have been obtained from the music collection of the National and University Library, the Library of the Music Academy and the archives of the Slovene Philharmonia as well as from the composers themselves.
Copyright (c) 1965 Štefka Bulovec
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.