The process of cultural change in Chalcolithic period in highland Western Iran at Tepe Gheshlagh
Tepe Gheshlagh is located in the center of Talvar Valley in Bijar County, Kurdistan province of Iran, on the east bank of Talvar River. It is rested on a Natural terrace, less than 30 meters above the current bed of the river. The mound is about one hectare in area, oval in shape, and rises more than 14 meters above the surrounding fields. Three seasons of salvage excavation carried out in the site which has revealed significant information on Early, Middle and Late Chalcolithic period (5500-3850 BC) in this region. Unfortunately no accurate Archeological research has been undertaken to gain a better understanding of Chalcolithic period, especially the Early this issue highlights current excavation. In fact, Exploration of cultural traces and, in particular, the important settlement of Tepe Gheshlagh as well as recognition of the subsistence economy of its residents can increase our knowledge of cultural traditions in this region.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Documenta Praehistorica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.