Early villages and prehistoric sites in the Abharroud Basin, northwest of the Iranian Central Plateau
Keywords:survey, the Abharroud basin, settlement, prehistoric period
AbstractThe Abharroud basin is an important region in archaeological studies of the northwestern outskirts of the central plateau, and the west and northwest of Iran. Considering its environmental capabilities and geographical location, studying the region can leads us to a better understanding of regional relations and also inter-regional interaction between the cultural-geographical regions. During the two seasons of archaeological survey, 257 archaeological sites were discovered, dating from the lower Palaeolithic to recent ages. Of these, 34 sites contained prehistoric remains. Most of the identified sites are the remains of scattered villages and seasonal camps in different areas of the basin, on the plain and also impassable heights.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Alibaigi, S., Khosravi, S., & Aali, A. (2012). Early villages and prehistoric sites in the Abharroud Basin, northwest of the Iranian Central Plateau. Documenta Praehistorica, 39, 459–472. https://doi.org/10.4312/dp.39.34
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Documenta Praehistorica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.